Pages

Friday, February 11

she calls me wheelchair.

In front of the DIA, Detroit, MI.
This is Meredith.
Remember September 11, 2001? Well, that's the day I met this lovely woman. We were homeschooled together, had pet beagles together, took riding lessons together, fell in love with books by Jane Austen and Ted Dekker and C.S. Lewis together, and graduated high school together. She loves Beauty & the Beast. She's been studying at Cornerstone University for the past three years to get her degree in photojournalism; and I can't believe it, but she's going to be graduating this spring. And I'm almost jealous because I have at least two years left (if not three) before I'm done with undergrad, and then--who knows how long if I stay with premed! But we all have different stories...and I can't wait to see the different directions ours go, and the different discoveries we'll make through each other.
I don't have to wait for long, though, because she already has an amazing photography blog called the perfect rhyme. I get a little giddy inside every time I see she's posted something new, because it's always full of color and sparkle and vintage-ness and smiles.
Like her.
Us being awkward. As good friends should be.

1 comment: