Pages

Saturday, March 19

a song.

My God leads me;
     there is no good that I must leave Him to find, for He never fails to satisfy me.
He makes me rest in comfort and prosperity and life;
     He surrounds me with peace.
He brings my spirit back from dying.
He makes a way for me to live as one who is good,  because His reputation and identity demand it.
And yes, I walk with the reminder of death looming over me; but there is nothing I need fear--or do fear--because I know my God never leaves me.
Learning from Him and being perfected by Him is warmth to me.
You bless me--and you make it obvious to those who hate me! You bring me dignity; I can't contain how good you are to me.
Surely, I'll never be separated from your undeserved and matchless love till the end of my days; and then I will be at home with you forever.


Psalm 23, paraphrased.

No comments:

Post a Comment